1. Can you tell us a little what your story, "On a Train With a Coyote Ghost," is about?
This is a story about a girl on a mission to save her grandmother, bound for Russia by train, accompanied by her coyote ghost.
2. How did you come up with the idea?
This idea was created entirely by Barbara Sobczynska's beautiful painting of the same name. She painted it a few years ago, and that painting was the first example of her work I saw when I was looking for cover artists on deviantart.
3. What is your inspiration for writing as a whole?
To stay sane!
4. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Born in Wyoming; lived in about 12 states and the UK. Lived in California longer than anywhere else so it's my adopted state. This year (2014) I've started teaching composition at colleges in Los Angeles.
5. Where can listeners find more of your work?
robindunn.com/writing.html has a long list of my published books and stories and poems.
6. Any new work we should keep an eye out for?
Yes, my new novel A MAP OF KEX'S FACE is due out at the end of the year. More info is here: robindunn.com/kex.html
7. (And just for Juli's curiosity: What are you reading now?)
I've started reading Gene Wolfe's latest novel.
Copyright Third Flatiron Publishing 2014